SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, June 15, 2019

Simple Blue & White Tablescape


Today, I'll be showing you an easy and budget-friendly tablescape that incorporates the beloved pair of blue and white.  I absolutely love how these colors complement each other so well and can create such a calm and classic look to any room or table.  Below is a step-by-step process of setting your table and how to incorporate both colors without overpowering one over the other.

Clothing the Table
       For my table, I chose a pale blue jacquard embroidered runner found at Home Goods for $12.99.  I tend to stick with table runners for my tablescapes because I find that tablecloths can look a bit heavy on a table for my taste... and besides, I think the natural wood tone of my round table is a great neutral contrast for a blue and white combination.  However, placemats, charger plates, a runner, or a tablecloth would be a great choice for the base layer - it's completely up to you!
       

The Dinner Plate
         To start off your place setting, it's important to find a dinner plate that has some unique   feature.  This could be a beaded or asymmetrical edge or an embossed or colorful pattern.  I found these beautiful blue and white dinner plates from Home Goods for $4.99 each!   I've never seen anything like them and I just love how it's a beautiful mix of navy, dusty, and pale blues with a ridged edge.

The Salad Plate
         With any colorful dinner plate, I always want to add a contrasting salad plate on top.  I chose a solid white beaded edge plate from Pottery Barn, which has a similar edge to the dinner plate.  You don't want your salad plate to look too similar to the plate beneath it, so it's always important to use a contrasting color, pattern, or edge.



The Accent Plate/ Bowl
     To stick with a blue and white theme, I chose a striking accent bowl that had a beautiful floral pattern inside.  I am the type of person that has to have everything matching or else it just doesn't look good.  While putting this table together, I learned that it's OK if things don't match!  The color of this accent bowl was also a darker blue than the dinner plate, which makes it stand out all the more.  For your own accent piece, stick with similar patterns and colors, but if it doesn't match, it's ok.  To me, this makes the finished look more polished and it really brings out whatever the showstopper piece is on top.



The Finishing Touches
To finish off my blue and white tablescape, I added a large hand-painted blue and white ginger jar to the center of the table.


Table centerpieces don't always have to have a lot of decor.  One thing my dad always taught me is that space is luxury.  Too many times, you will find a tablescape that is full of extra plates, cups, vases, etc.; therefore, the table lacks in functionality and aesthetic appeal.  When you create your tablescape, remember to not overdo it. There are a lot of beautiful decor pieces, but be selective in how you choose to incorporate certain elements.



Have a beautiful day,









Post a Comment