SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Updated Outdoor Patio

Hey guys!  I've made quite a few changes to my outdoor patio space this summer and I hope you like it! When we first moved in, the outdoor patio was covered with spider webs, dirt, and this painted-on reddish stain to the concrete, (gross, I know).  After the clean-up, we started from the ground up (literally) with the rug.

before...



after...

One tip I always remembered is that a lighter floor can make spaces larger than they appear.  Because the stain on the concrete was dark and permanent, our only choice was to add a light-colored rug.  I found this g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s rug from the My Texas House rug line with Orian Rugs, called "Picket Fences".  It can be used indoor or outdoor and it has a soft feel to it (similar to carpet) and I just love how the embroidered edge gives the space an organized and "put-together" look.


Next, we picked out the furniture.  I knew I wanted a set that looked like ones you would find at Restoration Hardware or Pottery Barn, but not for the price.  It took what felt like forever to find a set that was the right size, price, color, and style we wanted, but we finally found the Chatham 4-Piece Set from Wayfair!  What's great about this set is that it's a perfect faded beige color, which makes it a great dupe for sets from those higher-end stores.



Finally, I got to the fun part - throw pillows, flowers, and accents!  To relate my home style to any store or brand, it would have to be Ballard Designs.  They always create such elegant pieces that add class and luxury to any room without all the bulk frills.  With pretty neutral colors like beige and white, I needed a punch of color. Black was the perfect choice because it not only hides all the dirt and debris, but it's also a very versatile color if I choose to change up the color scheme in the future.  I found these beautiful planters from Lowe's and just added and shaped a Japanese Boxwood plant to each.  I always like to switch up color schemes with changing out throw pillows, adding different flowers, and adding other accents like throw blankets, candles, etc.  I found the black and white striped pillows at a local home decor store, but the black solid pillows came from Target! I also like to occasionally add some clear glass hurricanes from Crate & Barrel, some white pillar candles, and boxwood plants that add a pop of green.

Have a blessed day, and enjoy the warm weather!

Post a Comment