SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Master Bedroom

Here is our master bedroom!   I've had this style of room for over a year now (farmhouse, rustic, shabby chic), but I'm thinking about changing up a few things within the next few months to make the room more modern with lighter and brighter pieces.





This room definitely has a modern farmhouse appeal. Starting with the headboard, I found this beige beauty in Beige from Birch Lane for a very reasonable price.   The rustic nightstands were a great find from Restoration Hardware's outlet store (70% off retail price!), and the bench at the foot of the bed was found off of Joss & Main.   A great way I found to tie the room together was adding similar wood colors/textures to different areas of the room, like the nightstands, bench and dresser.  Each give off a warmth to the room which is exactly what I was going for at the time.   But now I'm thinking a more modern feel.. hmm.. can't decide.  What do you think?





What I loved most about these nightstands is that each are able to hold extra things on the
bottom for easy access, like throw blankets or books.  Sometimes, I will run to Half Price Books to get some cute decorative books for this bottom shelf!  Am I crazy?

 



   
To contrast the darker wood furniture pieces, I stuck with whites and beiges to lighten the room up while also keeping the warmth intact.  I went with this white bedding from Pottery Barn, and it is the softest fabric I have ever felt!  The euro shams were a great find from Anthropologie, and the throw pillow in front was from Pottery Barn.  As for the side table pieces, I always add a bouquet of flowers since they can really give any room a fresh approach.  The table lamps were actually a DIY project as I just painted the bases of the Franklin Lamp from Target with a coat of white paint.  So simple and it came out really well!




This is only a start, but I am hoping someday soon we will begin updating some pieces in this space, and I can't wait to show you!  Until then, I hope you enjoy!



Post a Comment